1. Right-click on the right corner to see All Applications and select Control Panel, then Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center. In Desktop mode, you can also press the Window key + I to access the Control Panel.
2. Select Set up a new connection or network. In the window that appears, select Manually connect to a wireless network, then select Next and enter the following information:
• Network: nyu
• Security: WPA2-Enterprise
• Encryption: AES
• Security Key/Passphrase: Leave blank 3. Check the boxes next to Start this connection automatically and Connect even if the network is not broadcasting, and then select Next. A “successfully added nyu” message will appear.
4. Select Change Connection Settings. In the window that appears, uncheck Connect to a more preferred network if available, and then select the Security tab. Next to Microsoft Protected EAP (PEAP), select Settings. The Protected EAP Properties window will appear:
• Check Verify the server’s identity by validating the certificate.
• Under Trusted Root Certification Authorities, check Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority and any generic or AddTrust certificate authorities in the list.
• Under Select Authentication Method, ensure that Secured Password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) is selected from the drop-down menu.
Click the Configure button. In the window that opens, uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name password (and domain if any). Select OK. Check Enable Fast Reconnect, and then select OK to close each of the open windows.
7. Select the wireless connection icon in the system tray at the bottom right. Select the nyu network from the list, then select Connect. In the window that appears, enter your NYU NetID and password, then select OK.